MPI are currently recruiting a Traction & Rolling Stock Project Engineer based in Derby
Immediate start until December 2022
IR35 Determination: Outside
Working as part of a close-knit team the Project Engineer will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially in regard to retrofitting train control systems. The Project Engineer will work within the on-board train fitment design team to ensure the installation design engineering requirements on the project are correctly captured and delivered.
• Will play a key role in delivering in-house design solutions for retrofit design projects.
• Will take an active role in liaison with third-party design companies to ensure commonality of designs is achieved.
• In depth practical knowledge and experience of designing the retro-fitment installation of train systems, in particular ETCS, TPWS, AWS, GSM-R, Wi-Fi, CCTV and DAS.
• The application design of standard hardware in an on-train environment and documentation of the application design for train carried systems.
• Ability to understand and capture installation design requirements (specifications, scenarios, rules, etc.) relating to the subsystem.
• A broad knowledge of the production of both electrical and mechanical design drawings and documents.
• Experience of leading/participating in vehicle surveys to ensure sufficient information is gathered to facilitate the production of installation designs.
• In depth knowledge of depot procedures and site safety.
• An understanding of the approvals process required to modify a train and bring it back into service.
• Read and review requirements, creating written comments and attending reviews as required.
• Review engineering data for completeness and consistency.
• Review product installation designs to ensure adherence to guidelines and installation constraints.
• Previous experience in application designs for maintenance.
• Previous experience in liaising with subcontractors throughout the whole project lifecycle.
• Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
• Specific knowledge of implementing ETCS and/or CBTC systems and GSM-R systems.
• Proven track record in working in major Sub-contract environments.
• Previous experience of using Solid Edge 3D CAD system.
For further information please contact MPI 01992 501111 and ask for Sue Garraway