MPI have a requirement for a Vehicle Fitter to be based in Woolwich, London. SE18 4BN
This is a contract role for approximately 12 months working 37 hours per week.
Rate of pay is £17.21 per hour Ltd Company or £13.65 per hour PAYE
This role is ITAR controlled.
General Description of Job:
Inspection, servicing, repair and overhaul of vehicles, assemblies, electrical, small arms, armament and general equipment including diagnostic and inspection duties. Manufacture of miscellaneous items. Carrying out examination tasks to meet production needs subject to necessary training and proficiency.
Carry out duties as above to occasional civilian vehicles and mechanical equipment.
• Carry out work to the required standard and specification
• Diagnostic, inspect and assess vehicles and associated mechanical / electrical equipment in line skills & competency.
• Ensure all job transactions are accurately recorded and carried out in accordance with current ERP processes
• Creation of job cards and demanding material where the relevant ERP (Baan) training has been completed.
• Completion of vehicle and equipment documentation and test certificates / reports to current standards.
• • Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations
Technical Experience and Qualifications
Must have completed recognised Military or Civilian training in the relevant trade discipline or a recognised accredited Apprenticeship in relevant discipline.
Attained at least one of the following minimum academic qualifications:
City & Guilds Level 1, 2 & 3 (in the relevant trade discipline)
ONC (in the relevant trade discipline)
NVQ Level 3 (in the relevant trade discipline)
More detailed job description available upon request