MPI are assisting our Client with their current requirement for 3 x Vehicle Fitters to work :
• NIGHT SHIFTS - 6.30PM to 4AM preferred, however there is a possibility of day shifts as well.
Start Date: ASAP subject to clearance.
Location: Rainham, RM13 8HY
Duration: 4 weeks minimum, rolling contract
Rate: Nights = up to £32 per hour Umbrella-PAYE / PSC LTD
(Day rate = £17-19 per hour Umbrella-PAYE / PSC LTD)
Please note: MPI only offer Umbrella-PAYE or PSC as payment options.
Hours: 45 (9hrs per night shift) over 5 days.
- MPI are Looking to recruit a number of Motor Vehicle Technicians to join the team working as part of our contract with the Metropolitan Police service in Rainham.
- As the Motor Vehicle Technician your role will be to service and repair vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required.
- You will prioritise vehicles and maintenance ensuring completion in accordance with procedures in operation and to the standard and quality required and ensure warranty claims are identified for recovery from manufacturers and rechargeable damage is identified and authorised.
*Working on Light Vehicles –e.g. ford, Mercedes, etc up to Sprinter and Transit vans as the largest vehicles.
*This involves Service and Maintenance. They have two types of ‘events’ – scheduled (usual service) and unscheduled (urgent req e.g. defect).
- City & Guilds 1 & 2 in Motor Vehicle Studies or equivalent NVQ levels 2 & 3 or equivalent
- Hold Master Technician qualifications or working towards this level
- Full driving licence
- Proven experience in a Motor Vehicle technician role, with at least 2 years’ experience gained as a fully qualified technician.
- Completion of Manufacturer training through Ford, Vauxhall or BMW
• Flexible, Proactive, Team Player
• Pride taken in the completion and presentation of completed repairs • Computer literate.
• Good level of industry knowledge / awareness • Good understanding and working knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
• Ability to network and build effective relationships • Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Subject to Clearance – NPPV2 required (ALL spent or unspent convictions must be declared) However you do not need to have NPPV2 necessarily but you will need to be eligible to apply meaning that you have to declare any convictions that are spent or unspent.
PLEASE NOTE: although these are a short rolling contract. There is potentially a need for longer requirements or casual contracts as such. Each workshop with current COVID-19 guidelines are set up in bubbles.
If one person has to isolate then the whole bubble of 6 will need to isolate. Therefore, the MET need a backup of contingents available to be on site at short notice.
They are asking MPI to advertise Night Shifts first & foremost but there is a range of Day and Night shifts available. So can be flexible. Ideally, we want applications for Night shifts