Job Title: BIM Strategy Lead/Manager
Contract Dates: 15/08/2022 - 28/02/2023 (6 months)
The BIM Strategy Lead is responsible for the development and implementation of the BIM Strategy, applicable across all constituent business entities, with direct reporting into the Director of Technology & QEHS.
The BIM Strategy Lead will deliver within annual budget and meeting agreed milestones, ensuring goals, objectives and procedures push industry best practice and BIM delivery quality.
The BIM Strategy Lead will drive the business vision to evolve from discrete BIM working on a small number of projects to a business-wide methodology integrated into ‘the way we work’ across all projects. We want to not only comply with BIM requirements scoped by Clients, but to lead the industry through innovative BIM applications and delivery to further optimise the value BIM can bring all project delivery stakeholders including Clients.
To steer BIM project implementation in line with the strategy, the BIM Strategy Lead will be the single point of contact for key BIM resources, including but not limited to; 3D information modelling, digital surveying and GIS (Geographical Information Systems). The BIM Strategy Lead will also coordinate with key internal stakeholders with the UK and wider global businesses, as well as external industry working groups.
Alongside BIM Strategy development and implementation, the BIM Strategy Lead will provide leadership over the UK BIM project delivery workbank resources providing BIM support, from tender to handover, ensuring all project information requirements are met and compliant to relevant Client, or Industry.
The BIM Strategy Manager is responsible for the following primary initiatives:
· Develop and deliver the BIM Strategy
· Develop and deliver training to meet BIM competence requirements are met and maintained nationally across all relevant business disciplines and functions
· Lead promotion of BIM throughout the UK business at all levels and across all projects
· Lead internal UK BIM Steering group
· Develop BIM processes, procedures, policy, plans and supporting guidance, compliant to ISO19650 standards and hosted in the Business Management System
· Periodic measurement and reporting of BIM Strategy implementation progress with Director of Technology & QEHS
· Ensuring all procedures and tools are deployed consistently across all BIM Projects by conducting regular BIM project and supply chain partner audits
· Implement an assurance regime to ensure project and BIM Strategy compliance to information requirements and ISO19650 with key internal stakeholders as well as implementation of any recommended corrective actions.
· Leadership for key BIM resources including 3D modelling lead, GIS lead and digital surveying teams.
· Consolidate and manage the BIM champion network and promote skills development in BIM via continuous professional development and performance development plans.
· Development of BIM Delivery Strategies at project level, including BIM Execution Plans, MIDPs, TIDPs, digital design integration, information exchanges and Common Data Environment
· Provide direct information management support on projects where required
· Adhock BIM technical project and bid support across the company.
· Attendance to key client and national BIM working groups, feeding any emerging requirements into BIM Strategy
· Attendance to key industry BIM events
· Coordination with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to; Client counterparts, key subcontractor BIM managers/directors, internal engineering mangers, IT applications teams, software suppliers, etc.
· Managing the BIM supply chain - i.e. technology support partners, 3rd party workers, etc.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
· Relevant Professional Qualifications to Chartered or equivalent level
· Breath of knowledge in current BIM standards for the UK (and internationally)
· Experience of delivery of large multidisciplinary BIM projects
· Experience of managing large multidisciplinary teams
· Established professional status within engineering industry, will have significant experience of engineering implementation on large railway schemes in the UK, with experience of overseas engineering delivery and metro projects an advantage.
· Commercially aware – able to forecast and manage resource utilisation and costs.
· Safety culture aware – to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
· Supportive of a consistent companywide approach to continuous improvement.
· Strong leadership qualities including personal drive, persuasive communication skills, enthusiasm and support for company goals.
· A broad base of engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering lifecycle, together with the requisite personal characteristics, to take responsibility for facilitating cross disciplinary engineering activity in complex, innovative and commercially challenging environments.
· Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the Business – and in front of new and existing customers – both internal and external.
· Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company.