Job Title: Project Manager
Contract Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Role Definition :
This exciting role offers an opportunity to provide project management innovation within Siemens.
Working as part of a close-knit team the Project Manager will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially regarding retrofit design projects. The Project Manager will work within the on-board train fitment design team and the Senior Project Manager to ensure the design requirements on the projects are correctly captured and delivered and provide support to the wider project reporting workstreams. The Project Manager will also work with the various Centres of Competence, technology teams and subject matter experts across the wider Siemens business to develop solutions that meet these needs.
The Project Manager role is a key role within the project environment, with involvement in a wide range of project activities throughout the whole project lifecycle.
This role will be supported by the Senior Project Manager, the System integration Manager and other Work Package Managers on the Project.
Key Accountabilities :
• Will take a lead role in liaison with and the project management of third-party design companies to ensure projects are progressed to an agreed programme and technical issues are addressed.
• Will produce programme updates and monthly reports to both internal and external groups.
• Will be required to initiate and facilitate industry wide design reviews and briefings.
• Will work closely with the engineering team members in the UK and Germany, project groups, the lines of business and heads of technology throughout Siemens, to ensure that the project design solutions meet our customers’ needs now, and in the future.
• Will take a lead role in the wider stakeholder management associated with large industry projects.
• Provide key input and ideas to help determine the most appropriate technical, product and commercial solutions within the given technical environment.
• Ensure innovation and value engineering is applied to all proposals.
• A key player within the project organisation.
• Ease of mobilisation
• Key member of the project team
• Effective project delivery
• Experience of project managing external installation design companies in a railway environment.
• An appreciation of implementing retrofit design solutions for systems such as ETCS, CBTC, TPWS, AWS, GSM-R, DAS etc
• Experience of leading/participating in programme reviews with both the supply chain and the customer.
• Experience of working with design teams to establish work programmes and tracking progress.
• Read and review requirements, creating written comments and attending reviews as required.
• Review project management data for completeness and consistency.
• Previous experience in liaising with subcontractors throughout the whole project lifecycle.
• Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company.
• Demonstrates customer focus in all work carried out.
• Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
• Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business and in front of new and existing customers.
• Demonstrates innovative and creative thinking when performing problem solving initiatives.
• Highly motivated, dependable and self-reliant.
• Commercial ability and awareness
• Ability to generate high quality reports
• Problem solving skills
• Proven experience of this type of role within the rail industry
• Specific knowledge of implementing ETCS and/or CBTC systems
• Proven track record in working in major Sub-contract environments.