£21.51 per hour Umbrella PAYE/Ltd Company
Approx 3 month contract
MPI have a requirement for an Electricians to be based in Chatham, Kent.
This is a contract role for approximately 3 months.
Rate of pay is £21.51 per hour Umbrella PAYE/ Ltd Company.
MPI no longer offers and inhouse PAYE system - This will be discussed on application
Shifts: Working 8 hours per day over 5 days, 40 hours per week.
General Description of Job:
Provision of planned and reactive electrical maintenance to electrical systems and equipment across the Estate, in support of the company’s contractual and statutory obligations, helping to ensure a safe and cost effective working environment.
• To deliver planned and reactive maintenance and repair services, including regime of testing and inspection, to all electrical systems and equipment, power distribution and controls, lighting systems, wiring, cabling and conduits, and all associated components across the Estate, including site wide electrical infrastructure
• Provide expert diagnosis of electrical faults, and plan implement and co-ordinate repairs, working in collaboration with maintenance service colleagues
• Identify improvements in electrical services supply to the Estate and work with the Electrical Supervisor and other colleagues as required to implement cost effective solutions, supporting the company’s environmental and sustainability objectives
• Provision of training, advice and subject matter expertise in electrical systems and equipment to colleagues, auditors, inspectors and third parties as required
• Complete day to day site checks, work orders, and repairs as required in support of the company’s service level obligations
• Support and deliver site wide programme of predictive maintenance for electrical systems, in line with company asset management improvement plan, and lifecycle planning
• Support Electrical Supervisor in developing and managing site wide budget for electrical services
• Support Electrical Supervisor in identification, development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for electrical services across the Estate
• Flexible approach to working outside normal working hours and taking part in the On-Call rota when required
• Support asset replacement programmes including electrical systems upgrades and replacements as required
• Maintain an accurate and up to date inventory for electrical supplies
• Ensure the company’s Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) remains accurate and up to date in relation to electrical infrastructure
• Promotion of best practice in electrical safety in the workplace, including training to colleagues as required by the company and instructed by Electrical Supervisor / company management
• Undertake personal professional development and attend statutory and regulatory training as required for the role
• Ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times
• Any other role specific tasks as required by company supervision and / or management
• Sound knowledge, ideally supported with certification / training courses evidence of working at heights
• Excellent timekeeping and acknowledgement of flexible approach to service delivery
• Responsibility for care and condition of all company vehicles, equipment and tools issued for use in multi-trade activities, completing all pre and post safety checks as required
• Maintain and order an accurate and up to date inventory for electrical systems supplies
• Complete any other tasks that are deemed within your area of competence
Technical Experience and Qualifications
• City & Guilds Electrical Installation 2391 - Essential
• Previous experience in similar working environment - Essential
• Latest edition wiring regulations qualification (BS7671) - Essential
• Experience in producing and evaluating Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) - Essential
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (including Maths & English). - Essential
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages (minimum Word & Excel) - Desirable
• Hold a current CSCS / ECS card or equivalent - Desirable
• Hold a driving licence suitable for use in the UK - Essential
• Proven track record of working within a busy customer focused organisation - Essential
• Qualified IOSH Working Safely - Essential
• Basic first aid training / qualification - Desirable
• Ability and evidence of delivering work to tight deadlines in pressurised environment
• Confidence and interpersonal skills to engage at all levels.
• Customer focused with the ability to build positive working relationships.
• Knowledge of Joint Services Publication (JSP) Documents
• Excellent levels of customer service
• Resilient and tenacious with a tendency to persevere.
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
• Innovative with a continuous improvement and change focus.