Company: TUI Airways Limited
Job Title: Maintenance Planning Engineer
37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. We also have hybrid working so we generally work in the office 1 day a week (Thursday) and 4 x days at home.
12 month role
To ensure that AMP Requirements and Technical and/or business related tasks are complied with by Planning in a timely manner across all aircraft controlled by the TUI Airways Planning dept. Co-ordinate and produce fully engineered Aircraft work packages and deliver them to agreed timelines. Attend pre-input and Base Operations meetings with TUI or contracted Part 145 organisations and ensure Regulatory compliance at all times, carrying out maintenance forecast reviews on every aircraft on a regular basis. Work with internal and external customers to resolve work package queries and ensure maintenance publications have been issued to the correct revisions.
Generic Planning Engineer key accountabilities & responsibilities for TUI Airways Part M controlled aircraft
· To create & deliver maintenance work packages for internal and external maintenance agencies in line with agreed service levels
· To take responsibility of ensuring a fully engineered work pack is established and delivered to the appropriate Maintenance site and include correct references
and copies of the current approved maintenance documentation
· To identify that Line & Base capable tasks are packaged for best maintenance practices/utilisation
· Liaison with Airline Planning/Operations to ensure the maintenance plan is adhered to, and to optimise operational objectives. If any changes are necessary, all
parties including Line and Major bases are communicated with establishing an agreement
· In conjunction with Base Maintenance, identify man hour availability at maintenance sites, with the objective to man hour capacity planning
· To forecast and plan component removal (in association with Operational Maintenance Planning dept) while maximising the component utilisation
· To have a commercial and contract awareness of any 3rd Party Maintenance arrangements
·To ensure that End of Lease and inter group transfer requirements are captured and planned at the appropriate maintenance opportunity
· Ensure all planned maintenance requirements have been complied with and any cancelled tasks are re-scheduled with a planned input date
· Raise variations to ensure all tasks/components are controlled where required
· To identify any risks to the business, and ensure a contingency plan is defined to avoid, reduce or react if an occurrence takes place
· To carry out the Fault Management process to prevent any re-occurring problems
· To have a good working knowledge of the MPD and TUI Group AMP’s
· To have an understanding of a maintenance programme bridging process.
Centralised Planning (in addition to the above key requirements)
· Produce co-ordinated heavy maintenance plans and scenario’s for the TUI Group and TUI Group in house maintenance facilities
· Create centralised TUI Group 5 Year heavy maintenance plans
· Estimate man hours and check downtimes for base maintenance checks
· Ensure that current season heavy maintenance plans are agreed, signed off and co-ordinated within the TUI Group Source Markets
· Co-ordinate base maintenance inputs with all TUI Group airlines / planning teams to establish the most cost effective plans
· Contribute to the annual Base Maintenance budget submission.
For a Senior Maintenance Planning role the following additional responsibilities are required
· Report to the departmental Manager
· Be the focal for the department on a day to day basis
· Carry out team meetings and ensure that weekly work requirements are covered
· Ensure that standard targets and deliverables are being met
· Contribute towards annual reviews
· Be involved in departmental recruitment
· Ensure that the departmental DQS audit programme is up to date
· Contribute to the generation of departmental statistics
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum 5 years technical experience in aviation, and able to demonstrate knowledge of Airworthiness Regulations
· A good knowledge of aircraft maintenance planning procedures
· Can work under pressure to react to operational requirements and time constraints
· Ability to plan and organise in a methodical and analytical manner.
· Able to manage priorities and work to demanding timescales;
·Able to manage working hours to ensure the needs and demands of the role are fulfilled
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good facilitator
· Excellent written and verbal communicator
· Understanding of human factors
· Understanding of business risks (business and financial)
· A good knowledge of health and safety requirements within an engineering environment
· Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and an understanding of the company’s computer system AMOS.
Key Relationships (Internal & External contacts)
NAA (TUI Group NAA’s, EASA)
Interface on continuing airworthiness
Part M; Part 145; Part 147
To drive continual improvements into the business.
CATP’s & MOE & Forms
Other TUI Group Operators
Continue engagement with regard to base maintenance planning
Liaise with and build relationships with external MRO’s
Quality / Compliance / Safety
MOR, ASR and audit findings investigation
Any additional relevant information:
·To meet DFT requirements for an airside pass.
4 Key Technical Skills (Assessment Criteria)
Technical skills 1
Technical skills 2
Technical skills 3
Technical skills 4
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LETTER DOES NOT FORM PART OF ANY CONTRACT BETWEEN US, AND ANY PARTS OF THE INFORMATION CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY EITHER OUR CLIENTS OR OURSELVES. IT IS SENT FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AS SOON AS YOUR ASSIGNMENT HAS COMMENCED, YOU WILL BE SENT A DEFINITIVE CONTRACT.